The annual Japan Update is designed to give a comprehensive overview of Japan’s current economic and political landscape, and future directions.
Speakers participating in the Update are at the cutting edge of politics, economics and trade and each session will focus on opportunities and challenges in these fields.
Presenters and discussants include:
- Senator the Hon Brett Mason, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Professor Richard Samuels, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Professor Tsutomu Watanabe, University of Tokyo
- Professor Koichi Hasegawa, Tohoku University
- Dr Shoko Yoneyama, University of Adelaide
- Professor Nobumasa Akiyama, Hitotsubashi University
- Professor Yoshihide Soeya, Keio University
- Professor Tessa Morris-Suzuki, ANU
- Professor Aurelia George Mulgan, UNSW Canberra
- Professor Jenny Corbett, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Research Training), ANU
- Professor Veronica Taylor, Dean, College of Asia and the Pacific, ANU
- Professor Peter Drysdale Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- Dr Shiro Armstrong, Australia-Japan Research Centre, ANU
- Professor Ippei Fujiwara, Keio University and ANU
- Dr Simon Avenell, ANU Japan Institute, ANU
- Dr Amy King, School of International, Political and Strategic Studies, ANU
- Professor Warwick McKibbin, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
The Japan Update is presented by the Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy and the Japan Institute at The Australian National University, and is supported by the Australian Government through the Australia-Japan Foundation which is part of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.